Woolly mammoths were ancestors of the modern elephant they evolved from the genus mammuthus which first evolved about 51 million years ago in africathese huge shaggy beasts went extinct more than 10000 years ago along with their distant cousins the mastodons. A new study suggests that the genetic profiles of two extinct mammals with african ancestry woolly mammoths and neanderthals shared molecular characteristics of adaptation to cold environments. April 8 upi woolly mammoths and neanderthals shared similar genetic traits according to a new study researchers suggest the similar genes allowed both mammals to thrive in cold environs
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.