Even vlisco patterns are not europeans as they are inspired by africans and made to address the needs of the african population yes africans wear have worn vlisco textiles and many nana benz have prospered from it but that doesnt mean that they do not have their own rich tradition of textile. Here an antique document recording wall patterns from 1905 is used as a resource for a contemporary african textile design sadly in this modern era a lot of the meaning and historical significance of various shapes or motifs is lost to us and can only be conjectured about. Find and save ideas about african patterns on pinterest see more ideas about african textiles african fabric and tribal patterns. A whole continent of textiles africa has a rich history of textile production fabrics play an important role in the lives and ceremonies of many traditional and indigenous communities
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.